Rotsvast general terms and conditions for Tenants:
1. “Prospective tenant” shall be understood to mean any individual who responds to a property/properties offered and mediated by Rotsvast. “Tenant” shall be understood to mean any individual who as verbally and in writing accepted the terms and conditions for renting a specific property. “Rotsvast” shall be understood to mean the Rotsvast branch offices in the Netherlands.
2. “Property” shall be understood to mean any residential property offered and mediated by Rotsvast on behalf of its owner/landlord or offers for rent on behalf of colleague rental agencies.
3. The rental of the property offered will be mediated by Rotsvast on behalf of the landlord.
4. By responding to an offered property, a prospective tenant automatically registers him/herself with Rotsvast.
5. Viewing of a property by the prospective tenant is always at no obligation and at no cost. Viewing will take place after the prospective tenant has agreed to and signed Rotvast’s General Terms & Conditions for Tenants.
6. If, after viewing, a tenant candidate indicates that he/she wants to be made eligible to rent the property, a declaration of intent to rent will be signed.
7. Signing of the declaration of intent to rent obligates the prospective tenant to rent the property, unless landlord decides not to offer the prospective tenant a rental agreement, regardless of the reason. Rotsvast does not assume any liability for this decision by the owner/landlord.
8. If the prospective tenant becomes eligible for a property for which a permit is required, the obtainment of this permit will be at the expense and risk of the prospective candidate him/herself.
9. All property offers made by Rotsvast, both in writing as well as oral, are without commitment/non-[al]. The prospective tenant cannot derive any rights from a property offer.
10. All statements, commitments and offered agreements by Rotsvast and its staff shall at all times be subject to the approval of the landlord and/or owner of the property. Rotsvast cannot, in part due to its dependence on third-parties for the obtainment of information, provide any guarantee regarding the accuracy, completeness and up-to-dateness of the information provided by Rotsvast.
11. Rotsvast is not liable for how the landlord, following signing of a rental agreement, does or does not fulfil his/her obligations. The prospective tenant shall always consult directly with the landlord. The prospective tenant indemnifies Rotsvast of any and all claims for damages by the owner / landlord and/or third-parties in any form whatsoever.
12. Rotsvast is not liable for consequences arising from inconsistencies, incomplete information or errors in the rental agreement that are the result of erroneous information provided to Rotsvast by the landlord.
13. Any disputes between the prospective tenant and Rotsvast shall be subject to Dutch law.